These last two days have been crazy! On Saturday I worked the late shift, so I left for work around 12:35 in the afternoon. When I got into the car I realized that the gas light was on and I could not remember for how long it had been on. But, I didn't want to be late to work so I decided that I would get gas on my way home. Of course when I eventually got off I decided that I could make it to the gas station near Amanda's parents if I just went straight there. I was wrong. The car started to act funny as I was coming up on the Charleston exit, so I decided to pull off there and get some gas. Unfortunately the car only made it to the exit light before it completely shut off. So I rocked back and forth to give the car a little momentum and luckily I was able to coast to the Red Rock Casino parking lot and call Amanda for help haha! Her and Devin brought me some gas and all was good! I am actually quite excited that I can actually say I drove car until it ran completely out of gas. :)
I finished registering for classes (which are somehow ridiculously more expensive every semester by the way) and I can't believe how long I have been going to school and still don't even have an Associates degree! I guess that is what happens when you work full time and go to school full time for a double major and have a family haha! The good news is I will finish both my Economics and Japanese Associate degrees next spring. Then I have to decide if I want to work for a bit and try and get all of my licenses or go to UNLV and finish my schooling up. I guess I will just worry about that when the time comes. After I finished all of that we went to my parents for dinner, and hung out there for awhile which is always fun. After dinner we came home and Amanda started to study for a test she has and I decided that I was going to go to bed early for once. I was almost asleep when I heard thunder and a few minutes later I heard rain falling outside, a lot of rain. I didn't mind that at all because it is actually quite a soothing sound. However, after a few minutes the rain started to sound like it was rocks falling on the house. So I got up and to my surprise it was hailing! Not small hail either hail the size of marbles, some even bigger. It was awesome, not only was it a flash flood but it also was hailing! Devin and I could not resist the child in us and we ran out into the street to mess around. We walked up to the main street to see how much it was flooding and the entire street looked like a river! We stayed there for awhile and cheered on any cars that tried to forge the water before we headed back to dry off and change.
Our little adventure of course eliminated any amount of tired in me, so we decided to watch some good old TV. I am glad however that I did not fall asleep because I got to feel Kynzli move for the first time ever! Amanda was sitting next to me on the couch and she told me that she had been feeling the baby move for the last week or so. I asked her if she was sure, and she told me at first she thought it was just her stomach digesting or something but, she had realized that was not it and that it was the baby. Then she told me that she could feel it moving right then! I of course was ecstatic and wanted to feel as well. So, Amanda took my hand and put it on her belly where she could feel it, and all of the sudden I felt a little jolt! It was amazing I felt my baby moving! Everyone was laughing at me because I was so dumbfounded by the movement, but I didn't care I was on cloud nine! Now, I know that in the scheme of things feeling your baby move is maybe not the biggest event ever, but to me it is the greatest thing ever so far haha! I am so ready for it to be November already!
Monday, July 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment