Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

Today was Father's Day. Amanda and I went to church this morning and Devin gave a talk in sacrament on fathers.

For dinner we went to my parents house and celebrated with my family. I spent quite a bit of time today thinking about my dad and the example he has been in my life. He has always been the type of man who works very hard to excel in whatever he does but always has a good attitude/ sense of humor while doing it. I look up to and respect him a lot and hope to pick up all of his good qualities!

(Dad and the Super Man Snuggie haha!)

It is crazy to think that in 5 months I will be a dad myself. I sometimes get a bit nervous about it. Not the whole idea of me being a dad, but more of making sure that I raise my son/daughter (don't know which yet) to be a good person with a strong testimony and morals and character and all of that good stuff. Society can be a crazy place to raise kids in right now and I want to make sure that I do all I can to help all of my future children make it through the insanity. I also have these odd random fears of things like accidentally falling down the stairs while carrying my child, or not hearing it cry in the night if it needs something, etc. But I am sure all will be fine haha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment